Do you feel like if you were a larger company, you would receive better service with your benefit package?
· Research shows 59% of small-business owners and benefits decision makers said they couldn’t compete with larger employers on healthcare benefits offered to employees.
· 60% said they limited the insurance plan options offered to employees because of costs.
· More than two-thirds said they felt that health coverage was not built with them in mind, and many feel that if they were a larger employer, they would receive better service, rates, lower copays and deductibles, employee education and coverage.
· Sixty-four percent of surveyed employees expressed satisfaction with their current health plan, while 57% of owners and decision-makers expressed satisfaction with their options. The gap in satisfaction with their company’s current healthcare plan makes it apparent that there is a problem.
· In fact, 45% said they couldn’t increase salaries because of health insurance costs. At the same time, many small businesses have had to raise wages to stay competitive. In this economy, that can be detrimental.
Cost variables make healthcare hard to navigate for small businesses that are facing challenges on all fronts. If you are at this place, there are options for small businesses, and there are companies that care. Do not be afraid to make a change or think outside the box. You can customize your benefits to fit the needs of your company and employees; you can lower copays and costs while receiving service in every aspect of the benefits offering process. We have done it for many small and large companies and were able to turn the experience around for them.
Bottom line: when you look at the statistics, you are not alone, and it is time to do something about it. We feel every small company should be treated like a 1,000-person company, which is why we still insure the first three clients we ever insured. We encourage you to take the time to research, explore, and shop your benefits package. Do not limit what you can do as a small company; there are options. #benefits #customerexperience #healthinsurance #hr #smallbusinessowners